How much is it? Free
What age is it suitable for? Any
Where is it? Croydon
Get out of the house, enjoy some sculpture, and support a homeless charity all at once! The Croydon Stands Tall art trail is up for 10 weeks, featuring 30 8-foot giraffes decorated by artists, as well as 30 baby giraffes decorated by local schools, groups, and communities.
Grab a map here or collect a paper version at:
- Croydon Library, Katharine Street, Croydon CR9 1ET
- East Croydon Station, Croydon CR0 1LF
- Fairfield Halls, Park Lane, Croydon CR9 1DG
- Leonardo Hotels, Wellesley Rd, Croydon CR0 9XY
- Tramlink Shop, Suffolk House, George Street, East, Croydon CR0 1PE
- West Croydon Station, London Rd, Croydon CR0 2TA
- Whitgift Information Desk, Whitgift Shopping Centre, North End, Croydon CR0 1LP
At the end of the exhibition, the giant giraffe sculptures will be auctioned off to raise funds for Crisis Skylight Croydon.
As part of the walk, you'll go through a series of shopping centres and Croydon Town Hall, Central Library, and Museum for a chance to use baby changing facilities or have a rest. If your little one is old enough, perhaps they can have a go at drawing their favourite giraffe at home.
There's also an app to help you find each scultpure and collect rewards.
Find out more